CAPRISA DSI - NRF Centre of Excellence in HIV Prevention Honours Fellowship
Opportunities for Honours Candidates: 2023
Students wanting to pursue Honours training are invited to apply to be part of a dynamic and diverse research team with opportunities to collaborate with leading South African and international AIDS scientists conducting cutting-edge research in:
• HIV Prevention and Epidemiology
• HIV Pathogenesis and Vaccines
Disciplines include epidemiology, clinical trials, virology, immunology, infectious diseases medicine, bioinformatics, statistics, and health policy.
Mentorship will be provided by leaders in their respective fields with access to a vast network of researchers
Candidates with exceptional talent in research and a strong desire to pursue a career as researchers are invited to apply.
• The applicant must be a South African citizen or a permanent resident.
• The applicant must be registered for tertiary studies at an accredited public South African Higher Education Institution for the duration of the fellowship award.
•The applicant must achieve a minimum of 65% for major subjects in the final undergraduate year of study.
• The applicant must be 28 years of age or younger as at 31 December 2022.
• The applicant must not be a recipient of an NRF or state funded institution bursary/funding (currently/previously) for an honours degree.
Shortlisted applicants will be going through the second stage of the nomination process. Note: Successful applicants will be funded either at full cost of study or partial cost of study.
To submit your application, visit our fellowship programme page
Closing Date: 30 August 2022