Join the CAPRISA DSI - NRF Centre of Excellence in HIV Prevention Masters and Doctoral Fellowship
Opportunities for Masters and Doctoral Candidates: 2023
Students wanting to pursue Masters and PhD training are invited to apply to be part of a dynamic and diverse research team with opportunities to collaborate with leading South African and international AIDS scientists conducting cutting-edge research in:
• HIV Prevention and Epidemiology
• HIV Pathogenesis and Vaccines
Disciplines include epidemiology, clinical trials, virology, immunology, infectious diseases medicine, bioinformatics, statistics, and health policy.
Mentorship will be provided by leaders in their respective fields with access to a vast network of researchers
Candidates with exceptional talent in research and a strong desire to pursue a career as researchers are invited to apply.
- The applicant must be registered for tertiary studies at an accredited public South African Higher Education Institution for the duration of the fellowship award.
- Age limits at the time of fellowship application: Masters - 30 years of age or younger at 31 December 2022, Doctoral - Applicants must be 32 years of age or younger as at 31 December 2022.
- The Academic achievement of the applicant must be >65% in their honours or masters degrees respectively to be considered for either the Masters or Doctoral fellowships.
- The applicant must not be a recipient of an NRF or state funded institution bursary/funding (currently/previously) for the same degree as the fellowship he/she is applying for at CAPRISA.
Shortlisted applicants will be going through the second stage of the nomination process. Note: Successful applicants will be funded either at full cost of study or partial cost of study.
To submit your application, visit our fellowship programme page
Closing Date: 31 May 2022