The Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA) is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and independent postdoctoral researcher to work on a project which seeks to understand mucosal interferon responses and their role in HIV infection.
The duration of the post-doctoral fellowship is 12 months, with the opportunity for extension.
PLEASE NOTE that the project involves work on mucosal specimens and due to the timing of specimen collection, working late evenings on a regular basis will be required.
Qualification and experience:
- PhD in a relevant subject (Immunology)
- Solid background in immunology, cell biology, or virology
- Proven track record of publishing papers in international peer reviewed journals
- Advanced skills and knowledge in using flow cytometry (FACS)
- Experience with cell sorting
- Experience with bioinformatics analysis
- Experience with training and overseeing students and supporting junior members of the lab
- Ability to contribute to experimental design, working collaboratively with other members of the team
- Ability to prepare results for publication and draft own manuscripts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and team orientated Please send your cover letter, CV and list of publications in PDF format to email@example.com
Reference: Postdoc/06/21 Closing Date: 17 July 2021